How to start bot from Task Schedular

How to click start button of uipath robot via window task schedular.

1 Like

Hi
the one you are mentioning in the robot tray is starting the process from robot tray
and actually there are three ways to trigger a process
**–one is from orchestrator - manual running the process **
–using schedule option from orchestrator
–and finally the one you are highlighting i.e., from robot tray (but the robot should be connected to the orchestrator then only we can run from here)

so finally we cannot use task scheduler as of now as it is not supported anymore
we can go for any of the method mentioned above

hope this would help you
Cheers @pankajs3

2 Likes

@Palaniyappan
But i want to start bot from Window Task Scheduler. I don’t want to use Orchestrator.

may be this component can help you
https://go.uipath.com/component/task-scheduler-using-windows-task-scheduler

Cheers @pankajs3

1 Like

Hi @pankajs3,
Well, officially it’s not supported anymore but there is a way to run project from task scheduler. The command is:

UiRobot -file <path to file>

As we know task scheduler is working great with batch files so you could implement this command it batch file and based on it schedule the task.

Example of batch file:

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\UiPath\<uipath version>\UiRobot.exe -file C:\<name of nupkg package>

Then you need to create task in Task Scheduler with Action pointing to batch file and that’s it:

Anyway we recomment use of orchestrator. It’s free for community edition. Task Scheduler may work not proper.

6 Likes

@Pablito
Can you describe more. I am new to schedule task so can you describe each step.

I am able to open uipath robot Window as shown above but unable to click Start button.

I just showed you an example. About how to work with Task Scheduler you need to search. It’s not program I could describe in two or three sentences.

Here you have one of the good tutorials:

2 Likes

@Pablito
I just want that how to click start button that’s it all thing i have done. But i am unable to click start button.

Your topic says How to start bot from Task Scheduler

Is this button not working for you? Have you tried reinstall of Robot?

@Pablito
my topic is same i am able to open UiPath Robot pop-up via Window Task Scheduler but at last i am unable to click Start button

I think it’s not possible to click this button via task scheduler.
It’s possible to run whole Workflow from task scheduler (what I showed you) so you don’t need to experiment like that.

1 Like

@Pablito
your previous reply:-
Example of batch file:

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\UiPath\<uipath version>\UiRobot.exe -file C:\<name of nupkg package>

what path is give to

‘name of nupkg package’
this is i am not getting

You need to publish project from Studio locally. Instead of .nupkg file it can be .json or .xaml file as well.

Hi @Pablito

I have followed the same and when i run the task, it just opens the command prompt and closes in 2 seconds. But when i run through robot tray, it is running fine. So please help me with this issue.

Hi @Pablito

When we create a process and publish it in the same machine, it is working from the batch file, but when it gets published from the different machine, it is not working. Please give me a solution.

@pankajs3 @soorya_prasad You can write a simple script in Python to open the system tray and then click on the run process. Then you can schedule it through the windows task scheduler.

Hi @santhoshreddy
I am new to Python, so if you could give me the code to run robot from system tray, then it would be very helpful for me.

@soorya_prasad I haven’t did that piece. Please go through some Python basics and install and use PyAutoGUI library to interact with UI elements by performing mouse and keyboard actions.

@santhoshreddy
Hi i could just open the Robot tray using the Python code, but selecting the Process is not working for me.