How to slow down a step in a program

Hi,

I have created a program which copies 20 entries from www.fakenamegenerator.com and then it should paste them in an excel in local directory. Push button function is being used to press refresh on the website to everytime get a new name. Now the function is working so fast(and my internet is not that fast), that it copies the same name 20 times as it doesnt allow the system to refresh the name. How can i correct this?

@rahularoraspn

quick way is using Delay activity to wait some period of time, but will not be the robust method since the website data retrieval vary each time.

i would Do either one,
i do image vanish on the processing gif happening in the tab or Waiting status in the bottom left

or

activity IF to check name is same as before, i would delay checking again using while loop until i get new name.

hope that helps,

Thanks~Rajesh

Thanks Rajesh. This is helpful. Can you offer any help on how to use “Do image Vanish” or “Wait image vanish”. I am trying to use “wait image vanish” but it doesnt go forward after one refresh. Also I get an exception. Below is the log for the same:

Use case 1 has thrown an exception

Source: Wait Image Vanish ‘chrome.exe Generate’

Exception Type: ActivityTimeoutException

UiPath.Core.Activities.ActivityTimeoutException: Activity timeout exceeded
at UiPath.Core.Activities.WaitImageVanish.EndExecute(NativeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.AsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

@rahularoraspn

testFakeName.zip (26.9 KB)

let me know the attached project serve your purpose.

Thanks~Rajesh