Wait image vanish is too slow

hi,
i have a little issue with the wait image vanish, it takes almost 3 seconds to respond ( i tested it with a message box)
but i want after the image vanish to screen scrape an image that lasts 2 seconds (i’m working on a citrix automation)
what do you think i should do??
is there a fast way to notice the change in color or something like that??

Hi @othmane

I don’t know the in and outs of the Image Vanish activity, but maybe it will respond faster if you select a smaller portion of it or play around with the accuracy setting?

thanks for your answer
there are no in and outs for the image, it’s just for getting the right timing to do the scraping.
I tried a smaller picture, and it always takes 3 seconds to respond.
I tried with accuracy, same result 3 seconds, and it doesn’t recognise it under 0.7
do you have some other ideas??

1 Like

hi, othmane.
I am facing the exactly same problem as you.
After the image vanished, it took about another 3 seconds to go on the next activity.
have you found the reason or way to solved the problem?

Could you give a try with this small “benchmark” to help debug the issue.
For me the execution takes ~700ms every time

TestingImageVanish.xaml (12.5 KB)

You just have to run it and paste here the output from the Output pane:

I just used another program that i activate with a trigger key.

it’s BlueEyeMacro

I have tried everything to get the Wait for Image vanish to work on my RDP session by trying all multiple options. But nothing seems to work. I had to solve the problem by putting the subsequent activity of clicking the “Connect Button” within a Try-Catch, and in turn putting that Try-Catch into a Do…while loop. This is how the whole thing works.

Wait for Image vanish fails to work, and jumps directly to clicking the “Connect” button image.
I set a boolean value variable startUpError = True, and set up the design as follows:

Do
Try
Click Connect Image Action
Assign startUpError = False
Catch (System.Exception)
startUpError = True
When startUpError = True

Clicking on the Connect button will fail because it hasn’t appeared on the screen yet.
So, the Try-Catch traps the click event, and as long as it keeps failing, the value of startUpError stays True to keep the Do-While loop running.

As soon as the image vanishes and the Connect button appears, the Try succeeds and sets the startUpError to False, and the Do-Loop Breaks.

It worked without any issues. But the Robot pegged the CPU at 30%!