How to run same transaction on Failure

Hi Guys,

The application session out randomly and redirected to login page,
Bot fetched the next transaction data,Wanted to run same transaction if exception catch.

How can this be done, please help.

@smita.mobifly

Are you using REFramework or not?

If yes then any application exception occurs it will go to INIT state and relaunch the application and will try it.

If you are not using then use Try Catch block and before writing into the application indicate any element exist after successful login. If it exists then continue enter values into the application else throw exception. If any exception occurs in Try block then it will come catch block and will execute steps.

In Catch block, you close the application and reopen it again and continue steps again.

I could be wrong, but I believe if you are relying on the Queue Retry mechanism where the REFramework is set to not use retries, then it will set it to Failed so the Queue can Retry it. Therefore, the REF will get the next transaction item in that case.

If you want to retry the same transaction, then you will need to modify it to use retries in your Framework. And the SetTransactionStatus should not set it to Failed until all retries have been attempted. The transactionItem should not be set to Nothing for a retry, otherwise it will get the next transaction.

Regards

1 Like

Hi I am using Reframework, and any application exception occurs it will go to INIT state and relaunch the application and will try it but fetch next transaction not same data.

Hi @ClaytonM,

Could you show me screenshot of workflow, where i need to modify.

Hi,
Could you show me screenshot of workflow, where i need to modify.

Hi,
The REFramework comes with a pdf document. You should look over it and it should describe the retry mechanism. It might be just a matter of setting a value in the Config file for MaxRetryNumber, but I am not sure.

yes i have set max retry number=3, but in session out condition its not working.