How to run a process on different machine using orchestrator

Hi,

Can anyone let me know if we want to run a process on different machine using orcehstrator then how can we do that. Do we need to install UI path community edition on other target machine where we want to run the process? Because in that case I will have to use another credentials to download and install on other machine.

I want to run process 1 on main machine and process 2 on other machine using orchestrator trigger / scheduling. It would be helpful to let me know all the steps involved.

Thanks!

1 Like

You will need to install a Robot Instance on other target machine, then in Orchestrator, setup and configure Machine/Environment and then associate the Robot with it. In
Scheduler, you then select the Automation Package to execute and then assign or associate it to a given Robot, which in turn is assigned to a given Machine. Hopefully that makes since.

I would suggest you read the following:
https://orchestrator.uipath.com/docs/managing-robots
https://orchestrator.uipath.com/docs/about-schedules

1 Like

Thanks for information, can you please elaborate what is robot instance and how can we download/install.

1 Like

UiRobot.exe is the application that let’s you run processes, and this is included with the Studio installation. So you just need to install Studio pretty much.

Then, in Orchestrator add a Robot, and connect it to the machine by using the Robot Key.
You can get to those settings in your Tray at bottom right of the desktop. - If you don’t see it, then you need to go to and run “C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\UiRobot.exe” for it to show up in the Tray.

Regards.

1 Like

Thank you for information. So it looks like we have to have whole studio set up on other machine where we just want to run a web process. I will try by installing studio on other machine.

1 Like

Would suggest that you read this: Robot Installation
Basically, there are 2 Installers (exe) that can install a Robot on a machine. Studio is optional, you do not have to install it, only Robot can be installed if you so wish.

1 Like