HOW TO RE RUN THE PROCESS

Hello community! I hope you’re doing great.

In this ocasion, I would like to know how to re run the process if an error occurs. I mean, sometimes the internet connection is low and the browser gets slower. Therefore, when the bot can’t find the UI element, it throws an error.
In conclusion, I want to know if there is an activity to try to execute the process again if the element can not be found because of the low internet connection.

Thanks! Best regards,

Have you tried try-catch or retry activities?

Hi @francogeno97

For that normally we use the REFramework template, if you don’t know how to implement it there are some courses in the academy that you can follow. Another option will be using the Retry Scope activity

Regasds!

Hi @francogeno97

If you are using RE-Framework all the system exceptions will be handled in the framework and when an system exception occurs it will go back to InitState to launch the application again and do the process.

In case if your workflow is in sequence then you can use Retry Scope and Try Catch to handle the exceptions. You can the number of Retries as 3. If you want you can change the number of retries. In the condition block use Element Exists and indicate the element. When the element is not visible it will retry the process.

Refer the below image for better understanding:

Hope it helps!!
Regards,

1 Like

Thank you very much!

1 Like

It’s my pleasure… @francogeno97

Happy Automation!!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.