Unable to start over the process on error

Hi,

I creating a process where what i want is, if any error occurs during the process execution, i want it start again from the first activity. Could someone help me with this?

1 Like

@Inzmamul_Haq you can use retry scope. Put all the activities inside that. In case of exception, the whole things will be executed again.

You can specify the number of retries and interval between the retries too.

2 Likes

I recommend you use the RE Framwork.

Regards,
Nithin

2 Likes

Hi @Inzmamul_Haq

Are you looping through a set of data inside a loop? And in case of the error, do you want to run that particular item again from the top? Or do you want to set a status and continue to the next item starting from the beginning?

If you are looping through items, good to go with the REFramework and have the retry scope in the process state to retry the set of activities for that item for a specified retry attempts

Hi
There are two options to handle this
Either we can use TRY CATCH activity
Where keep all the set of sequence in TRY block of Try Catch activity and if any exception occurs it will go to Catch block where we can keep the same set of sequence
So that if any exception occurs once after reaching the catch it will execute them again
Or

If we have multiple applications and if we want to handle multiple exception then it is better to use REFramework

Cheers @Inzmamul_Haq

2 Likes

Try catch is something i thought but i don’t think it will meet my requirement. I want to mark a starting point in the process and want to go to same place when i get any error on any step during the process execution.

@Inzmamul_Haq

Is this starting point equal to the start point of the entire process?

Can you do this… just draw the steps that needs to take place and get a photo and share here… that would help to get a high level understanding on your requirement… then we can decide what is the best suitable technical approach for this

1 Like

@Inzmamul_Haq

What about what @Sugumar8785 said before :point_down:

1 Like

Yes, i want the process execution to start from the top