How to push the logs genereated ui path (robot/studio) to ELK with out using file beat?

i have a situation here ,
there is an existing environment where logs are being pushed to ELK by file beats. now we are in the process of migration to a new environment where a new instance of ELK is up and running. now how can we push all the logs generated by uipath studio/robot to the new ELK with out file beats how to do ?

1 Like

Hi
i m not sure how ELK works with logs directory
but we can change the logs directory to our need
hope this would help you

Cheers @karges

hi palani thanks for replying to my question first of all. but what can we expect by changing the default logs directory ?
you mean to say that change default logs directory using Nlog and “do something” so that ELK will pick the logs. is that what you are saying ?
actually i have one more question on this topic , orchestrator logs and ELK explains how to configure settings in orchestrator so that orch itself send logs ot the ELK instance.

combining as per what u had adviced , i need to come to a conclusion that orchestrator logs are different form the logs which we generate using “log message” activity" rite ?
@Palaniyappan

1 Like

Well they are same actually but can differ only based on how configure log level setting in orchestrator

And do you mean elastic and Kibana as ELK,
I thought it was some other dashboard

This would work either
And anyhow log message can be seen both in output panel of studio and also gets stored in execution logs as well
And if it is ran from orchestrator then based on how we have set the log level in ROBOT tray or while creating ROBOTS in orchestrator, we can see the logs and get them as well from orchestrator

Hope this would help you
Kindly correct me if I am wrong with the question
Cheers @karges

Hi , am stuck with sending the logs ELK , i tried various Logstash input scripts and every time it stuck at Successfully started logstash API endpoint {: port => 9600}

Below is the one of same code that i have used to push the uipath log to Elastic. It would be great help if you can provide some inputs.

input {
file {
path => “C:/AppData/Local/UiPath/2019-08-26_Execution.log”
start_position => “beginning”

}
}
filter {
grok {

match => { "message" => ["%{COMBINEDAPACHELOG}"] }
match => { "message" => ["%{*passed}"] }
}
date {
    match => [ "timestamp" , "dd/MMM/yyyy:HH:mm:ss Z" ]

}
}
}output {
elasticsearch {
hosts => [ “localhost:9200” ]
index => “logback-%{+YYYY.MM.dd}”
}
}

@mharii did you find solutions for this buddy…
If yes, please help me…

yep. i completed this activity , what is ur problem excatly ?