How to Pass Data From One Workflow to Another

Hi

I am trying to pass data between workflows as described here

Below are the files which I have created, but I get the following error message:

invoke share 1.xaml (6.8 KB)
invoke share 2.xaml (5.8 KB)

Can anyone advise what I am doing wrong?

Did you check the sample in that link? for me its downloading as uiwf extenstion, changed it to .xaml to view in uipath. Your code doesn’t have arguments, only variables are specified.

Hey @tobor

This link will help you

Regards…!!
Aksh

When I am trying to pass the arguments from main file to invoked file it is not passing any value.
It is coming as a empty string, can you help please.

What is your argument type in both of the workflows?

It is a string, I will attach the work flow as well when I am running I will get a empty string and desired string.Main.xaml (4.9 KB)
Invoke1.xaml (4.9 KB)

hey @harinathreddy.yn

You have to take the values in from the invoking workflow in a variable or argument you want to.

Check it out - Invoke1.xaml (4.9 KB)
Main (8).xaml (4.9 KB)

Regards…!!
Aksh

Great bro it is working and thanks for quick response, but I actually in my use case first I need to send value from main file and use it in Invoked file and get the updated value.
So I use it as in/out right ?

If allowed can you share email id you can look into workflow

Hey @harinathreddy.yn

Check for your understanding the sample attached - Main (8).xaml (5.9 KB)
Invoke1.xaml (4.7 KB)

Regards…!!
Aksh

Bro still It is not working in my sample workflow below is attached, I am not knowing where I am doing it wrong. I tried with both in/out&inout also.Main.xaml (4.9 KB)
Invoke1.xaml (4.5 KB)

Invoke1 (1).xaml (5.1 KB)
Main (9).xaml (5.9 KB)

you have to take values in your arguement/Scope variable in Import Argument section.

I should fill the value field with argument name right ? If I do so it is working and when I click on it again the value field is empty
Is it the normal way of working with arguments ?

adding to that below is the screen shot where it is changing automatically bro

This is the error I am getting bro "PDF Reader has thrown an exception

Message: The values provided for the root activity’s arguments did not satisfy the root activity’s requirements:
‘new’: The following keys from the input dictionary do not map to arguments and must be removed: Argument1. Please note that argument names are case sensitive.
Parameter name: rootArgumentValues

Source: Invoke workflow file: UiPath.Core.Activities

Exception Type: ArgumentException

System.ArgumentException: The values provided for the root activity’s arguments did not satisfy the root activity’s requirements:
‘new’: The following keys from the input dictionary do not map to arguments and must be removed: Argument1. Please note that argument names are case sensitive.
Parameter name: rootArgumentValues
at UiPath.Core.Activities.InvokeWorkflowFile.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Your Main.xaml help me to solved my issue.