How to open 2 chrome tabs in the same chrome instance

The scenario is something like this, I need to open a website, perform some operations there then open an other website in another tab and perform some operations there…

So how I can open two tabs in the same chrome window without closing the other one and also navigate between them back and forth

Hello @Sami_Rajput, try this:

1. Use the “Open Browser” activity to open the first website.
  2. Perform your operations on the first website using other activities inside the “Open Browser” scope.
  3. Use the “Open Browser” activity again, this time to open the second website. Set the NewSession property to False. This will open the website in a new tab of the same Chrome window.
  4. Use the “Attach Browser” activity to indicate and attach to the first website’s tab. You can use this activity to perform further operations on the first website.
  5. Use the “Attach Browser” activity again, this time to indicate and attach to the second website’s tab. You can use this activity to perform operations on the second website.

To navigate back and forth between the tabs, you can use the “Navigate Back” and “Navigate Forward” activities inside the “Attach Browser” scopes.

Here’s an example of the sequence of activities:

1. Open Browser (Website 1)
  • Perform Operations on Website 1
  • Open Browser (Website 2, NewSession: False)
  • Attach Browser (Website 1)
    • Perform Operations on Website 1
  • Attach Browser (Website 2)
    • Perform Operations on Website 2
1 Like

Hi @Sami_Rajput

Use the another Use application\browser activity and indicate the redirected page.
Change the Properties of Use application\browser activity.
Close → Always
Open → If Not Open
Window Attach mode → Single window

This single window option will help to open the redirect webpage in the other tab in same window.

Insert the activities to do the automation in redirected webpage.

I have already done this its working, try this method

Hope it helps!!

1 Like

@mkankatala
I have tried the same flow but its still opening separate window for the 2nd website

Have you changed the properties for 2nd use application/browser activity.

Close - Always
Open - If not open
Window attach mode - Single window
Input mode - Simulate

You can send hotkey ctrl + T to open a second tab then send hotkey Ctrl + Tab to switch between tabs

1 Like

@Sami_Rajput
Do you got the solution for your query by using another use application/browser activity.

Is it working or facing any challenges.

Yes, its done.
It’s working fine.
Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you @Sami_Rajput

If you find the solution. Make mark it as solution to close the loop.

Happy Automation!!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.