How to make sure the bot knows if its in Display or Change State in SAP

Hello,
I want to enter some data in SAP. But sometimes the SAP will be in display and sometimes it will be in change(allows me to edit). Its like a toggle button.

How will the bot know which state it is in?

Thank you

@hansen_Lobo

Please indicate the selector and see what is the difference in the properties when toggled and not

Can use that property to identify

Use ui explorer to indicate qnd check the properties

Cheers

Here you can use GET ATTRIBUTE activity
where try to indicate the element first when it is enabled and get the selector
Again try indicating it when it is disabled and get the selector

Now find the difference in each of the attributes between these two selectors

Once if you can identify one attribute which is different between them, say for example State which could be true or false based on the element

Get that attribute and use it in IF activity with condition you want

Hope this helps

Cheers @hansen_Lobo

Hello,
I just tried with get attribute, for some reason the property values are the same in both the cases.

1 Like

Does the selector change depending on which mode is toggled? Or are there any other visible changes in UI that you could check for?

Fine May be try to interact with it directly

Use a CLICK activity to click on that button and make sure you have enabled CONTINUE ON ERROR property so that it continues to next activity even this click if doesn’t work

With this click activity try to toggle that button
If it changes any UI and shows any new element use that as a element to indicate with ELEMENT EXISTS or CHECK APP STATE activity and get a boolean to validate and proceed further

This is a kind of work around to handle this

Hope this helps

Cheers @hansen_Lobo

@hansen_Lobo

Try with get attribute

Check all the attributes which are available in the property panel

I think you will find any of the attribute value will be different
Based on that value

You can proceed using if activity

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.