Check App State Command Not Moving to 'does not appear' or vice versa

Hi There -

I’m using a bot to cycle through a group of processes in the SAP GUI. I am requesting it to wait a box to appear. If it appears, i want it to click a box and loop back to the beginning of the process. If a box does not appear, I want it to continue on with the steps.

If I have the ‘Fully Visible’ visibility option selected, it automatically goes to the ‘target does not appear’ side. It seems that it can’t detect the pop up window that i screenshotted above. If I have the ‘Interactive (for fuzzy selector)’ option selected, it can detect the popup window and click through it, but if the window never appears it just keeps trying to look for the window, times out,

Error messages below. You can see it seems to try to find the ‘if target appears’ element even though it doesn’t appear by design.

Click ‘Button Continue (Enter)’: Could not find the user-interface (UI) element for this action.

Possible solutions:
• Ensure application is opened and the UI element is visible on the screen at execution time
• Edit the Target of the UI activity and use Validation to debug the issue.
• If needed, re-indicate the element as its properties might have changed
• Use “Check state” activity to check the application state before executing the action
• Increase the “Delay before” value to allow time to the application to render entirely and become responsive

Here is a link to another forum topic I made where we weren’t table to resolve it.

@mwells

Try to run the bot in debug mode and use the highlight elment to see if it is able to find the element

If visibility is doesnot checked then if the pop up window is appeared in the backround also even then it would move forward…just dont use fuzzy…it will try to match a window which is closer to the earlier selected one…instead use a strict selector with any wildcards if needed

Cheers

Unfortunately I don’t have debug mode in studiox automation express, but using the strict selector worked great. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.