How to make an unattended robot for action center

Hi,

Need a suggestion how can I use an unattended robot for the below scenario. Can someone help me for better understanding of below scenario, please?

Scenario:
My flow uses both Document understanding for each document in the shared folder, create task and waits for task to be completed.

If I run the flow manually, flow will be suspended and waiting to complete the task in action center, then resume the flow manually.

Question:

1. If I publish the flow to orchestrator, does it not require to resume?
  2. If there are multitple input documents, then will the bot in orchestator waits for the first task in action center to be completed? or will it keep processing the rest of the files until the task in action center is completed?

My intension is not to hold the scheduled unattended bot without processing the rest of the input documents until the previous task(s) in Action center are completed

Thanks,

Hi @krishbcd

Refer this

https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/automation-cloud/latest/user-guide/working-with-long-running-workflows

Yes. To avoid this, you want to have a dispatcher that loops through the documents and creates a queue item for each, then your DU automation should be top down - grab one queue item, DU the file, create the action and wait. Then you set a queue trigger to run that automation multiple times so you have multiple jobs suspended and they resume whenever their associated action is completed.

Thank you, Paul.

Could you please elaborate more on this to understand better, “Then you set a queue trigger to run that automation multiple times so you have multiple jobs suspended and they resume whenever their associated action is completed.”

Here is my scenario. Could you please further assist on the below if it works.

1. First process grabs the input documents, validates data, if the data is good, continue with the second document. If the data is not correct and needs to be corrected then, creates task in Action center and continue with next documents without waiting for the task completion in Action center.

2. Second process to gabs the details from action center once approved in action center.
    – Here, I there any way to trigger the process from action center on the task approval

Processes don’t grab details from Action Center.

You need 3 processes.

1. Grab input document, validate data, in an Action is needed add an item to Queue A
  2. Process triggered by queue item, adds form action and waits. When the action is completed it resumes and adds an item to Queue B
  3. Process triggered by Queue B item, and finishes the rest of the process

Hi,

Yeah, this is the way following. Quick Check please?

From point 2 (Process triggered by queue item, adds form action and waits. When the action is completed it resumes and adds an item to Queue B)

What will happen during the Process 2 in wait state (Suspended), if more items added to first queue by Process 1 (which has to trigger Process 2 but in Suspended state)?

New jobs of process 2 will be triggered and go into suspended state.

For this do we need to use Parallel for Each activity?

can we use parallel for each activity in REF for all the queue items at one time instead of doing in sequence? If so, how to handle the get transaction stage?

I mean, as I am using REF and getting transactions from queue one after one (Get Transaction Data) and creating activity in Action center (Process transaction), is there any possibility to design to do Parallel in Each activity for all the queue items at one time and update the queue status as well?

@krishbcd

When using an unattended robot in Orchestrator for Document Understanding:

1. Publishing Flow:

• If you publish the flow to Orchestrator, it doesn’t require manual resumption. The unattended robot in Orchestrator handles the flow execution automatically.
  2. Parallel Execution:

• Orchestrator handles parallel execution. If there are multiple input documents, the robot won’t wait for the task in the Action Center to complete before processing the next document. It will continue processing other documents concurrently.
  3. Asynchronous Processing:

• Orchestrator executes processes asynchronously. It won’t hold the scheduled unattended bot without processing the rest of the input documents. Each document’s processing is independent, allowing efficient handling of multiple documents simultaneously.

In summary, Orchestrator’s unattended robot will handle parallel execution efficiently, processing multiple documents concurrently without waiting for the completion of tasks in the Action Center.

You can’t. You have to make it a linear process that does one item. There is no way around it.

Thank you very much…

I am facing problem with the below scenario (All my processes using REF)

Scenario:

1. P1 add queue item and triggers P2
  2. P2 reading the queue items and creating tasks (inside Process.xaml) in action center

Issue:
When I add “Wait For Document Validation Action And Resume” inside Process.xaml flow after “Create Document Validation Action” task (inside Process.xaml), I am getting the below error even after having the package - UiPath.Persistence.Activities and enabling the “Support Persistence” option under Project Settings → General.

Error:
Invoke Process workflow: An extension of type ‘UiPath.Activities.Contracts.Persistence.IPersistenceBookmarks’ must be configured in order to run this workflow.

Could you Please suggest me to get rid of this?