How to login to website by using excel input for credentials

@Lwhite

1.Assign activity is not required
2.you are going to use only 1 browser , so open browser should come outside the loop.
3.In the type into activity .give row(“yourColumnName”).ToString.
4.then proceed your process.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

@Sob

Sorry, does this mean that I should drag ‘Open Browser’ out of the sequence? it won’t let me.

And I have entered .give row(“Reg or Trailer ID”).ToString. ( as this is the column name). However it produces an error. "compile error encountered processing expression … Identifier expected.

What do I do? Help! :slight_smile:

@Sob @indra

I have received the following error when I try to run this process. Any ideas?

Capture5

It’s selector error in your type into activity please check it

@Sob @indra

sob i done exactly how you explained but it is coming error. The package you mentioned in ur screenshot i cant find it. Please check the screenshots below and suggest me pls. Thanks2018-08-28 2018-08-28111

Give range in the Read Range actvity

@indra I have only 1 row so how do i mention ?

If you can, pls attach your Xaml file

@Sob i am using ods file, not able to upload pls check the screenshot.2018-08-28

@Sob @indra

Now i can download those packages it seems everything is fine. When i run i am getting this error.

Main has thrown an exception

Source: Read range

Message: This location is marked as const, so its value cannot be modified.

Exception Type: InvalidOperationException

System.InvalidOperationException: This location is marked as const, so its value cannot be modified.
at System.Activities.Variable1.VariableLocation.set_Value(T value) at System.Activities.Location1.ReferenceLocation.set_Value(T value)
at System.Activities.ActivityContext.SetValueCore[T](LocationReference locationReference, T value)
at System.Activities.ActivityContext.SetValue[T](OutArgument1 argument, T value) at System.Activities.OutArgument1.Set(ActivityContext context, T value)
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.ReadRange.SetResult(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, DataTable result)
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.WorkbookActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

1.Error might be in your read range…
2.For better understanding , attach your XAML file

@Hemanttt This are all the basics so first you enroll in academy and do level1 foundation training

1 Like

@Sob pls check here signin.xls (7 KB)

@Hemanttt

I’m asking your XAML file (means your workflow ) not an xls file.

@Sob sorry my bad pls check nowMain.xaml (9.5 KB)

@Hemanttt

you didn’t mention anything in the selector . you need to capture the website ,Then you have to pass variables.

So , As per Indra , You can do your foundation training in the uipath academy, You can find many examples and videos in the academy. Make use of that :slight_smile:

@Sob
yeah sure thanks for advice.

As per ur guidence, I did capture the website but still it is giving same error. pls check update xaml file.Main.xaml (9.8 KB)

@Hemanttt Check attached file its working up to entering email after that i am not getting access to continue

Main.xaml (12.1 KB)

@indra @Sob

Hi Indra, Thanks for edit the coding by adding try catch blocks. It is working finr until the email address. Here’s the situation once email address enter and need to click the login button then only it will go to other page where i have provide the username and password. I think it is giving the error

Type into ‘chrome.exe Chrome’ : Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: ",

i think i have to press the click any sugg for how to click the login button

@Sob @indra i got it finally. Thanks guys for guide me till now and thanks for ur patience.