How to link assets in Orchestrator and Get Orchestrator credentials in Studio?

I just want to know how to link Assets in orchestrator and get credentials in studio. can someone help me out (preferred screen shots)

2 Likes

@Vamsi_Nori please go through this

hope you’re working with REFramework.

or else you can directly give the asset name in the get orchestrator credential activity and get password and username as outputs.(use secure string variable to get the password)

1 Like

can you help me how to connect this asset name with the asset that was created in orchestrator

@Vamsi_Nori are you working with REFramework?

2 Likes

no i am not

ok then have you create an asset in the orchestrator type of credential? you can use get orchestrator credential activity inside your workflow and then in the input use the same asset name which you’ve used in the orchestrator.and then use string type variabl and a secure string variable and use them to get the out put from the get orchestrator credential avtivity. make sure that you have installed the credential activity package.

1 Like

Hi, @Vamsi_Nori

If all the things are fine, please try to publish your project into Orchestrator first and run it in local again.

Thanks,
Aisling

this is the error

this is the error

did you give the input field (Asset name) ?and have you connected your bot with the orchestrator?

1 Like

and yes i ran many bots from orchestrator

@Vamsi_Nori is that the name? or the input variable? if its your asset name it must be quoted.

1 Like

its an argument

@Vamsi_Nori have you passed the value to it? don’t use any argument just type “cred” inside the input field.or else in the default value field of the argument, write this “cred”.

3 Likes

how to convert secure string to string to input the value to IMAP

@Vamsi_Nori oh brother i’m sorry i told you about getting credentials if you want to get normal data just use get asset activity.every thing is the same get orchestrator credential is used for get credential just because its more secure.

1 Like

i want to save gmail email id and password in orchestrator assets

then you must use credential type. you dont need to worry about converting it to a string you can use type secure text activity to type it on anywhere. if you want to covert it to string just use YourVariable.toString

1 Like

this is the output.

i don’t want to type it. I just want to give it to IMAP as a input variable

@Vamsi_Nori
getting the password into a secured string variable and ue it as the input to the password field of IMAP
q

"Password " ← this is my secure string type variable

is it clear now?

1 Like