How to know Queue Processing Finished

While retrieving Transactions from Queue using Get Transaction Item How can I know if the queue is finished processing? In other words how can I execute till all queue items are processed?

1 Like

Hi @Anandhu,

you will store the value in QueueItem variable.(transItem)
Check in if condition transItem is nothing
if it is true there is no more item in the queue.

Regards,
Arivu

1 Like

But Get Transaction Item itself is causing error when no more items are present!

So I couldn do that!

Can you please attach a working XAML. Please…!!!

Anyway I can contact you?

But Get Transaction Item itself is causing error when no more items are present!

So I couldn do that!

Can you please attach a working XAML. Please…!!!

Anyway I can contact you?

Hi @Anandhu,

What error you are facing??

can you attach the screenshot

Regards,
Arivu

Capture

My Queue doesn’t have New items. And when I run I get this exception.

I have attached the screenshot. When the Queue still have NEW items it works… but otherwise fails (Exception)

Can you please attach an XAML file if this thing worked for you. It will be of great help

Thanks

In Properties what and all value u gave??

Capture2

have attached the screenshot of the properties window of get transaction

I tried solving this issue using another method. Buy catching this exception. But then I will work on my system but when I run on another machine through orchestrator still the execution will fail there because of and execption which is not getting caught. So I couldn’t go with this method.

I have read in this forum itself that we can check if queue is finished by using : " currentItem is Nothing " in a decision box. But its not working. Because “Nothing” is not getting assigned to currentItem !!

Can please attach a working XAML example? PLEASE!!!

Hi @Anandhu,

yes that’s is good idea. i hope while running from orchestrator you can get the value from the queue

Regards,
Arivu

But then it wont work on another remote machine. There it fails!
Pleaes send me a working example if possible

There must be some way. Otherwise how are we supposed to use queues in the first place!!

Hi @Anandhu,

Refer the below post.

you done correctly but i dont know why you are getting object Reference error

@ovi, @Susana, @ClaytonM can you Please check this case

Regards,
Arivu

1 Like

Thank you Arivu

If possible please create a workflow on your own and if it is working plase share it
thank you so much anyway

Seems like I have found a solution. I put the get Transaction Item in a separate workflow and then used try catch around the invoke workfow. Then script worked correctly in remote machine also… A temporary solution!

What’s your Studio version?
This shouldnt be happening since later 2016.2 versions.

2 Likes

Its 2018 community edition

@qateam - possible regression

1 Like

this is fixed in 18.1.1, it was present only in 18.1.0

1 Like

How can I update UiPath community edition ?