I’d like to ask how to improve the UI error catching efficiency, we tried “Element exists”, “Text exists”, “Image exists” activity to catch error (output to a Boolean variant and action with “If” activity), but all of three catching execute slowly, system consume several minutes waiting here to jump the next step. Is there any better solution to improve the efficiency? Thanks
Reduce the timeout to 1000ms and try.
Hi there @Terry5263,
You could try a Parallel activity.
If you are using element exist, image exists and text exist to validate the same element you can you pick and pick branch so here only one will execute based on the existence, and it saves more time as well
Thank you, Nalashaa, the efficiency improve a little, but still slow, may be we have too much “If-else” inside.
@Mr_JDavey, your suggestion is good, I tried with four kind error catching with output variant “Formflag” using this activity, but I find the activity do not offer the right result, for example, if error1 catched, the Formflag = True, but the system still check the next two errors, the Formflag will be assigned to False. finally, the Formflag changed to False. This is not right.
May be have to assign three Boolean variants?
Hi there @Terry5263,
I was under the impression, that upon meeting the Parallel Condition, the activity ends.
For instance, setting your FormFlag Boolean within the Properties pane, under Condition:
I will test later and get back to you.
Thank you all, the efficiency is much better than before, here is a short summary for improvement:
- Parallel or pick/branch can help to select one of error, this is the better than multiple “If-else” program;
- Parallel should end with “Condition=boolErrorExists”, otherwise error checking result will be wrong;
- Error Exist activity better define timeout =1000ms
- ContinueonError definition is helpful “Get Text” error checking.
- Sometime a delay definition is helpful for error checking, especially your ERP/SAP runs slowly.
This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.