How to get multiple elements with the same text?

I am using UiPath with SAP. There is a step in the workflow that needs to click on every element that has the same text. I have used UIExplorer to check the selectors but the text property I want is not a valid selector. UIExplorer only gives the page title and id of the element as valid selectors. As such, I have been using the “Find Image Matches” activity to get multiple elements. However, I realised that different versions of SAP have different fonts/appearance and my workflow does not work on another computer with a different version. I have tried the “Find Text Position” activity and it works well but it only returns one element. Is there another way of getting multiple text positions?

HI @BlueberryByte

To be able to understand your automation challenge better, please share following information:

• SAP WinGUI version
  • SAP WinGUI transaction
  • UiPath Studio version
  • UiPath UiAutomation Activity version

In addition share the following screenshots:

• SAP WinGUI screenshot - Full screen (you can blurry the business information)
  • SAP UiPath Studio - selectors of SAP element

Best regards, Lev

Hi @LevKushnir

I am using SAP 760; I am not sure what is the transaction, but I am trying to get the bot to find all the elements with the text “Preadm.Test V” as shown in the screenshot below. The activity “Find Text Position” only returns 1 element, there is no option to return multiple elements.

I am using UiPath Studio 2020.10.8 with UIAutomation 20.10.10. The screenshot below shows the available selectors in UIExplorer, and I can only select “id”, which cannot be used to get the element as the index does not increment in fixed intervals.

HI @BlueberryByte

The solution is here UiPath Community 2021.10 Stable Release - SAP Automation

We have added a full support for the following attributes in the selector for main SAP objects (previosly identified by id ), newly by: text , tooltip or type .

Please upgrade to UiAutomation Activities 21.10 and you are good to go

Best regards, Lev

Hi @LevKushnir

Thanks for the link and solution. Just to confirm, I would only need to upgrade the UIAutomation package and not the Studio version? After upgrading, may I know if I should use the “Find Children” activity to retrieve all the elements with the required text?

@BlueberryByte

UIAutomation Package is enough, do not need to upgrade Studio.

Yes, try to solve your use case with FIND activities.

Best regards, Lev

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.