How to get Application Logs from the Event Viewer
How to get Event Viewer Logs
Event viewer logs are where windows stores system logs. They can sometimes show more detailed error messages then those that are typically shown to the user. For more info on the event viewer please see Microsoft’s documentation.
- Open 'run' and type “eventvwr”
- In the Event Viewer Application, go to the 'Windows Logs'.
- Select 'Application'.
- In the Action’s menu select 'Filter Current Log…'
- In the filter menu select the time frame when the issue occurred and click 'OK'.
- After filtering, select 'Save Filtered Log File As…' from the action’s menu.
- Save the file and send it whenever the support representative requires it.