How to find one value in one excel to another excel and once find that value in cell than automatically copy to particular two cell in same row

Question 1:
How to find one value in one excel to another excel and once find that cell than automatically copy to particular two cell in same row

For example: find the cell A2 and get the cell E2 and F2 Than paste to new excel

Question 2:

How to move 3 rows in one excel to another excel can u help this

2 Likes

Hi @Raja.G
use
Datatable.select(“[ColumnName]=‘’”).CopyToDatatable

Thanks
ashwin S

Fine let’s go one by one
—for this question

— Once after getting the datatable with READ RANDE activity with a variable named dt then use a FOR EACH ROW activity and pass the variable dt as input
—inside the loop it can done with LOOKUP DATATABLE ACTIVITY where here we need to use two lookup datatable activities
And in the property panel mention these stuffs
Input - “the value we want”
Datatable - dt
Lookup column name - “column name” //where we want to search which will be here “A” column
Out Result - str_output1. Which will be our output value of one column we need

Target column name - “output column name” //where we want to get the output from which will be here “E” column for first

Then use another LOOKUO DATATABLE activity and get the output but mention the Target column name alone with a next column name like it would be “F” column and our result with a variable named str_output2

So if our input value of from “A2” then we will be getting the first output with first lookup datatable activity from “E2” and second output with second lookup datatable activity from “F2”

Hope this would help you
Kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @Raja.G

Hi @Raja.G

May be I am unclear with first question.
But you can use the the below activities for Question 1 and Question 2

But Here you have an activity “Copy ToClipboard” to copy the cell range inside excel and you can paste to new excel file using Paste Clipboard.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

1 Like

@Palaniyappan

This lookup process in one excel but i need process in 2 excels

i will give emp id “abc123” in excel-1 to find same id in excel -2 than get value same row in excel-2 “G2”

Hi,
On the basis of what I understood the answer for first query.
Use a for each row to iterate through your DataTable of first Excel and use a If Condition on the column you want to check value of , when the condition satisfies then add the columns you want to paste in another excel in ‘add data row’ and write the Datatable at the end.
If you want to add the values of first excel in exact cell/row of Second Excel than you can use DT.Rows.rowindexof(row) to get the index of row.