How to filter an excel file and create a new file with the filtered data?

Hi Experts,

I need a help for how to filter an excel file and create a new file with the filtered data?

Any suggestion?

Hi, @Andres_garcia

You can use “Read CSV” or “Excel Application Scope + Read Range” to read your excel file details.
Normally if I want to filter and create new file, I will use the “Build Data Table” activity.

Build%20data%20table

You can get the row item value then add “IF” statement inside for filtering.
Then, use a “For Each” activity to loop thru your excel data.

For%20each

You can use “Write CSV” activity to create new file.
excel%20file%20create

Regards,
Mharlieee

Can you explain what kind of filters you want to apply for the excel file?

Hi @ hemanth_chinna,

I have a file with 7 users, each user has one row of data with different attributes, I want to extract each of the users from the original file and create a new file for each one of them with only their corresponding data.

This should be on an excel file.

Regards,

pls find sample filter.xaml (7.1 KB)
xaml .

After this Xaml. You can write the filtered data in Csv File

I would recommend instead using LINQ to select distinct over column 1 to get an IEnumerable<>. This will give you each of the users in the table. EDIT AGAIN: Forget this part, it’s easier to

Next, use a for each over that IEnumerable<> you just created and use LINQ again to filter out the table based on each username and save it to the new excel file named after that username

EDIT: I forgot to add that UiPath has a LINQ example of a simple filter already in their Samples–>Advanced library if you need to see an example

2nd EDIT: Thinking about it again, there’s a much easier way to get the list of distinct users. You can instead use YourTable.DefaultView.ToTable(TRUE,“UserNames”) to build a new table showing only distinct usernames from YourTable. Then iterate over this using LINQ as mentioned above