How to deploy application to orchestrator with config file

Hi,I have created application.Now I want to deploy in orchestrator. So client can also run the application own machine.How can I done this…?
I have code and one config file created in excel.In this config file I used path of files.

1 Like

Put the config file in the same folder (or a subfolder) of your project.json.
Use relative path in your process.
Then when you are packaging the process, your config file is going to be packaged with.

error message we got.There are no parameters that are defined for the bot.

@Palaniyappan

1 Like

Did we publish that process to orchestrator buddy
If so and if any error comes can I have that screenshot
And based on the last comment is that process having any input parameters to be passed before running from orchestrator

Cheers @Aditya10989

Hi @Palaniyappan Actually publish application in local local system with extension of nupkg and one config file ie excel.In this excel file I saved value like pdf file path, excel file path,one URL of website and send to deploy team.Now Deploy team told me
The issue that we are having with the application bot is that from the Orchestrator Command Window, There are no parameters that are defined for the bot.

It seems when defining the bot you can associate parameters in your bot code and make them available so when setting up a bot you can set inputs.

Articles I found describing this:

Please review and make the necessary changes.

Below I have included a picture of what I see in orchestrator when I am trying to run the bot. It says no parameters defined
I just want to know I need to create parameter for this…?
can you help me on this…?

Is the workflow having any IN arguments in Main xaml workflow
@Aditya10989

1 Like

Not in main but used in another workflow.In this application I created three workflow

Yah were they passed with any values or variables across the workflow
@Aditya10989

1 Like

this work fine in my local system.Now I want to run same in client machine.So I send the code to deploy team.They told me which value mention in excel.you need to pass these value in parameter.
I am sending you screen shot of config file.Please find this.This is I value like dynamic whatever client will pass the value in excel.Application perform the action according to values.
yes these value I am using across the workflow

Fine
Is the excel file placed inside the project folder itself and then published
And the filepath of those files in this config file
I hope as the Files are in your local machine it’s not able to pass the argument value with filepath from client machine

Make sure that this config has the filepath which is also there in the client machine
Or
Better keep even those files in the project folder itself so that we don’t need to create a new file path structure

Cheers @Aditya10989

As mention in screen shot.This is my project folder.Now Please suggest me what I need to told deploy team…??

1 Like

Fine
You have certain filepaths of file in the config file na…
Make sure that those files are inside the client machine with same folder structure
That is the folders you have here must be there in the client machine also

Or

Keep those files mentioned in the config file, inside the project folder itself
I meant all the files as in config file (.xlsx) witching the project folder with appropriate folder structure

Cheers @Aditya10989

1 Like

Wherever it’s deployed to, it’s expecting to read an excel file at C:\Projects(…)

So, either you need to put that file manually on that PC, or you pack that excel file in your project but use a relative path to the Main.xaml folder.

you mean to say I need to save same excel file on client machine on same path which I mention below in screen shot.This is the issue…??

@Palaniyappan

Not only excel buddy
All the files been used along the process
@Aditya10989

you means to say copy the application folder Bot_Lexis_Nexis_App as mentioned in screen shot and need to create same path from where application deploy i.e C:\Projects\Rasier\Bot_Rasier\Bot_Rasier and then paste application folder and then deploy!
Or
this complete application folder Bot_Lexis_Nexis_App move any where deploy machine only mention that excel file path in bot application where other excel got reference.As path mention in previous comment screen shot.

1 Like

Whatever may the file or folder buddy
Make sure that you have the same folder structure in the machine where we are going to run this bit
Only then the bot when searching for the file or folder path it could find it actually
Simple buddy

Cheers @Aditya10989

1 Like