How to use config excel file when running the bot from orchestrator?

I have deployed one project into orchestrator that project I have run in multiple machines, but the problem is the credentials and page URLs I stored in config excel file and we have to change the credentials every time in all machines in config excel file how can I do it?

Hi @Badda_Hemantha

Create multiple username and password fields in the Config file use the username1 and password1 for Machine1 and username2 and password2 for Machine2 in the settings sheet in Config file. Do the same for Multiple machines.

use those as required.

Check the below image for better understanding,

hope it helps!!

@Badda_Hemantha

1. Move Credentials to Orchestrator Assets:
  • Identify the sensitive information (e.g., usernames, passwords) in your config Excel file.
  1. Create Orchestrator Assets:
  • In UiPath Orchestrator, create Assets for each credential and configuration value (e.g., page URLs).
  1. Update Your Workflow:
  • Modify your workflow to use the Get Asset activity to retrieve credentials and configuration values from Orchestrator instead of reading from the Excel file.
  1. Securely Access Credentials:
  • Use Orchestrator to securely manage credentials, and restrict access to specific robots or environments.

Hi @Badda_Hemantha

I think it will be best to use the Assets for storing the credentials. You can refer to this video,

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hi @Badda_Hemantha,

Thanks for reaching out UiPath Community.

First thing you can create Assets in Orchestrator for credentials and URL and then use it Config File by doing this if you only change values in asset it will automatically reflect in your process.

and if for process there is user specific credentials are there suppose for Login so In Init All Application before login Check for machine name and use specific credentials for Login.

Hope This works for you.
Happy Automation,
@Vinit_Kawle

@Badda_Hemantha

Store credential in the orchestrator asset as type of credentials
Add this credentials name in config file’s asset sheet, then it will retrieve the credentials, and you can change through the orchestrator.