How to create the dropdown in the excel?

Hi All,

I need to create the drop down in an excel in the column P
the dropdown should reflect for the each cell in the column P
for example Coding trending is the column header in P column(i.e. P1 contains the header name as Coding trending)
below the cell P1 i.e, remaining cells like P2, P3, P4 and so on should contains the dropdown with the values “No Change”,“Upcoded”, “Downcoded”,“Others”.

Please let me know how to achieve this

@vishal.kp
@ppr
@Yoichi
@Nitya1
@ushu
@Gokul001

Hi @Vrishchik ,

Create a drop-down list

1. Select the cells that you want to contain the lists.
  2. On the ribbon, click DATA > Data Validation.
  3. In the dialog, set Allow to List.
  4. Click in Source, type the text or numbers (separated by commas, for a comma-delimited list) that you want in your drop-down list, and click OK.

Refer this:

@Vrishchik

Cheers

I want to do this with UiPath

Okay. You can achieve this using Macros.

Please refer this:

@Vrishchik

As it is a static dropdown that you need…it is better to create a excel with dropdown in it and then paste the data from UiPath to the excel by copying the template

cheers

Actually I need to create the dynamic dropdown i.e each day bot needs to share the output.

@Vrishchik

That is a static dropdown itslef…you just need to create report daily using same template which you configured already and change the values…but if you still want to do from UiPath only then you have macros…please check the post shared by @Harshith_Adyanthaya

It wpuld be dynamic when you need to create a dropdown with different values daily…rather than same set of values

Cheers

1 Like

Hi @Vrishchik

Could you check with these steps and let me know if it works for you.

1. Read the Excel file into a DataTable using the Read Range activity.

2. Use the Add Data Column activity to add a new column to the DataTable with a name of your choice (e.g., “Validation”).

3. Use the Write Range activity to write the modified DataTable back to the Excel file.

4. Use the Excel Application Scope activity to open the Excel file and select the sheet you want to work with.

5. Use the Range activity to select the cells in the column where you want to create the drop-down list (e.g., “P2:P1000”).

6. Use the Data Validation activity to create the drop-down list in the selected cells. Set the validation type to “List” and the formula to “={“No Change”,“Upcoded”,“Downcoded”,“Others”}”. Make sure to check the “In-cell dropdown” option

7. Use the Save Workbook activity to save the modified Excel file.