How to create or write CSV table for extracting data scraped

Dear Users,

I want to scrap data from website like E-bay and extract data in CSV file. I am not sure but i think i did every think Ok till the scraping process. When i save the file and look for in saved folder, i could not find any csv file. During google i learn to know there should be write csv table, and i tried to write csv file. but when i inserted table in sequence and tried to run the program it says error message " The work flow has validation errors". I have attached screen shoot and project file. Can anyone please guide me to extract the data in cvs file. thank you

Main.xaml (8.0 KB)
project.json (687 Bytes)

1 Like

Hi @Suchana_Board,

Welcome to the forum.

From the screenshot you provided, it appears that you have not provided the input to Write CSV, which in this case should be ExtractDataTable which is the output for Data Scraping.
So, try typing ExtractDataTable in the field against DataTable of Input Section of Properties pane which is in the right side. You may refer the image i’m providing.

Hope it helps

Regards

1 Like

Thank you so much for your response. I tried your suggestion but the problem is still there. The same error message is displayed again. I also tried by copping ExtractDataTable at output section but nothing was happen. Can you please see the workfile and give ideas where the step i am missing. Thank you

@Suchana_Board Please refer to the image.
Actually you need to change the scope from “Data Scraping” to “Sequence”

Regards

1 Like

@yogesh.chand Thank you for your support. I did change the table data scrapingMain.xaml (3.1 KB)
project.json (687 Bytes)
Sequence.xaml (8.4 KB)

to sequence as you mentioned and run the project. But i could not find the CSV file in data output which actually i am looking for. Do i need to create extra CSV data table. When i tried to write CSV table an exclamation sign appeared . Can you please provide the ready workfile that that is able to extract data in CSV file. I have attached my work flow here . Thank you