Web scraping & export to CSV

I’m trying to do a web scraping and then then saving the data into a CSV file. The extraction process seems to be working, but I don’t get anything in the CSV file.

In the ‘Write text file’ step I’m using ExtractDataTable.ToString as just using ExtractDataTable gives an error.

Any ideas why the data scraped is not being saved?

I’ve tried the suggestion from Adarsh to use append instead (Scrapping search results to csv based on search value), but it didn’t work either.

I’m adding the xaml as a reference

WebScrapping.xaml (10.9 KB)

Thanks

Hi selrac,
Instead of Write Text use Write CSV Activity.

Thanks
Udaykumar

1 Like

Udaykumar,

I don’t seem to have the Write CSV activity :frowning:

hi @selrac

Please install “Uipath…Excel.Activits” Package from package manager.

You can use hot key “Ctrl+p” to call a package manager and from there you can installed this package and you will find after installing above package the write csv activity.

**Note- Always If you are a new user of uipath then before starting first installed all “Available packages” from package Manager. if you are using New uipath stable version then by using ctrl+p you will be able to open a package manager.

Happy Learning…!!
Enjoy Uipath.

Let me know the feedback. :slight_smile:

Thanks & Regards…!!

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice

I see it now the CSV option available and it is working

Many thanks

Hi, my problem is that i can extract a table from the web page, the popup result is OK but the when writing to a CSV, the data change position, it’s not what i’m expecting

any comment?

I’m having a similar issue. I can write a text file but when I try to write it as a CSV file it gives me the Object reference not set to an instance of an object. What am I doing wrong? I’m just trying to read a PDF and put it in a CSV file to process it with the UiPath studio process.

thank you