How to convert pdf table to excel table or data table

hello friends, I want to convert table from pdf to data table or excel table. I found https://epsilonai.com/how-to-extract-table-from-pdf-in-uipath this option, but its not working properly for my pdf, other than epsilonAI package, is there any smooth solution? Currently i am using PDF to Excel Converter - 100% Free to convert pdf to excel manually. I am attaching screenshots, pdf pages to be converted.excel generated through free online converter.xlsx (12.4 KB)Sample B.pdf (65.2 KB)

@loginerror @ppr please help

Hi @Priyanka_Sharma1,

I see that there may be some challenges when I observe your image example. It might not be straightforward porting of solutions but you may / will require some string manipulations since there are multi-level headers.

Nonetheless you can give this approach a try:
Convert PDF Datatable to Excel - Build - UiPath Community Forum

Hi @Priyanka_Sharma1,

Go to the below link

its giving me this error
PDFTO excel: Could not load file or assembly ‘SautinSoft.PdfFocus, Version=7.0.3.29, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0b79b934109b3e9e’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

You have to install the “sautinsoft.pdffocus” library from the Uipath packages

it seems to be a paid package.

This activity is for evaluation purpose only and it will allows you to convert 3 pages.

why the output datatype is string. By keeping tabular property false, i get output string=process completed. how do i get the table in output variable?
By keeping tabular propery as true, an excel pops up asking for license.

Could you share the screenshot of the popup?

@Priyanka_Sharma1
PDF Tables can be Tricky in some cases. Currently im on travelling and Limited with solution Suggestionen aß i dont have a Studio Installation in place.

Do an Analysis on following

• Can the PDF Export aß txt bei Parser aß CSV
  • Can regex bei Used for parsing the the text

So at least o n Low Level there could bei a Chance to Retrieve the data

can you use data scrapping activity for this
because data scraping is specifically used to extract tabular or structured data into data tables

Hello Priyanka,
In this video, I have 17 use-cases for extracting tables from PDF and write data in Excel:

2:00 GitHub free code for all the files
2:20 Logic of general workflow
4:40 File 1 simple PDF
9:50 File 2 PDF with a column with multiple lines
20:10 File 3 PDF with a column with multiple words ON the LAST column
27:00 File 5 PDF with a column with multiple words ON inside column (2 columns)
31:40 File 6 PDF with a column with multiple lines
39:10 File 8 simple PDF
42:15 File 9 PDF with multiple spaces on that need to be correct
45:50 File 10 PDF with multiple columns that have multiple lines + multiple pages
55:50 File 11 simple PDF with protection empty Cells
58:35 File 12 Big PDF with an empty line and Empty columns and partial total
1:02:25 File 13 PDF with multiple columns that have multiple words and hard to define a rule
1:10:15 File 15 PDF with multiple columns that have multiple lines
1:12:50 File 17 simple PDF remove spaces from headers also remove space from Data
1:16:05 File 18 simple PDF
1:17:10 File 19 PDF with multiple pages and columns with multiple lines
1:22:10 File 20 PDF with multiple columns that have multiple lines
1:25:00 File 21 PDF with empty columns and subtotal

Code:

Thanks,
Cristian Negulescu

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.