How to Check Upload and Download Packages to Orchestrator with Postman

Within the scope of my tests I checked the possibilities to upload and download packages to the cloud Orchestrator, to see how to transfer NuGet packages. I used Postman as the platform for this. First, I defined a collection in Postman. In this collection I have created three requests.

In the collection I have created a collection variable where the access token is stored.

1. Get Token
    First step is to get a token with a post request. In the body I choose x-www-form-urlencoded option and add three keys.

The client_id and client_secret key are created when setting up the access of the external application. At the end a dialog is displayed from which both keys can be taken.

Furthermore I created a script which writes the returned access token into the collection variable.
    After saving and running, the orchestration delivers us with the necessary results.

2. Get Package
    Second step is to download a package with a get request. In the authorization section I add the collection variable {{access_token}}.

After saving and running we see the result, a binary view of the package.

3. Upload Package
    Third step is to upload a package with a post request. In the authorization section I add the collection variable {{access_token}}. In the header I add the necessary keys.

In the body I choose the form-data option, add the key file from the type file and choose the NuGet package I want to upload.
    After saving and running we see the success message.

Postman and the Swagger API documentation, which you find at any Orchestrator installation, are great dudes. You can find Swagger e.g. in the cloud at https://cloud.uipath.com/YourAccountLogicalName/YourTenantName/swagger/index.html
Postman provides great possibilities to test Orchestrator calls via the API, as we can see from these examples.

6 Likes