How to check information inside a application

This one then:

Could you check if the value changes when you click the checkbox? I think you can simply click the checkbox and then re validate your selector. It should update the value.

with a get attribute function ?

1 Like

It highlights the entire window of the app wth checked and unchecked

Yes, you should use the Get Attribute activity and use the value name “text”. Let me find you an example.

now i have managed to track down to the element, but when i hit the unchecked box it cant validate

get this on debugg onrun

Strange, it should work :confused: Could you still try to tune the selector so that it is recognized?
If not, there might be one more option. You could try the screen scraping wizard and point it to the radio button with the option set to FulText:

The target attribute is called “text”, so we might be lucky here.

Not sure if i understand “tune the selector” How do i perfrom that ?

You’ve mentioned that when unchecking the box, it will no longer validate. Well, we need to find a mix of selector attributes that will validate on both checkbox unchecked and checked.

Dont know if this helps. But i tried this ( see image) and was setting a string as output

When i ran the version where the checkbox was checked the message box printed 0 Reparasjon
when i did it when the checkbox was unchecked it printed just Reparasjon

oputpuit

Hm think i made it work actaully. But its a very bad solution, so if you have a more safe and better one please do share :slight_smile:

What i did was to make a if statement, because the message box prints either “Reperasjon” or “0 Reperasjon” So i did a if statement where i said if “text” = “0 Reparasjon” then its false else its true. Only thing i rly dont know if thats the case for the others or if this its so stable that i will work everytime.

Struggling with the next one now. The “Skadet rute: Frontute, Bakrute, Sideruter”

Cant use the same approach there :confused:

It is definitely a method that will work, as long as the OCR engine keeps returning the same values.

I would definitely suggest the selector approach, as it should be doable. Please try the Screens Scrapping wizard with the Full Text option :slight_smile:

Do you have a tutorial or a guidance of how it can be performed ? If you dont mind i can send you the file.
But dont know if its much help since you dont have the app window ?

I don’t have a proper guide on hand. However, I would start like this. Focus on one checkbox. Then, open UiExplorer and get the selector for the field when it is unchecked. Copy it to Notepad. Then, check the checkbox and get the selector for the field when it is checked. Copy to Notepad.

Now, you basically should look for properties that are common between the two. With the selector that validates for both checked and unchecked field, you can then most likely use it with the Get Full Text activity to extract the status.

Ok thanks :slight_smile: i will try to look into it

1 Like