How to change the IE version using UI Path

Hi,

Requirement: I want to change the IE version on particular window by clicking on F12 and changed the version from IE 9 to IE 10 in F12 developer toold. Reason for this change (Due to broswer compatability in the application using this option in window. Fix will be applied in patch until then have to use this way)

Using UIPath Commmunity edition

Changes made: I have used the select Item option to change the version to IE 10 since it is dropdown but select Item was not working in F12 Developer tools. I got an error as below.

Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. —> RemoteException wrapping System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Please let me know how to implement this change. Also what option available to select/click in F12 Developer tools elements.

You can send the hot key F12 using send hot key activity @asatheeshk21

and coming to select item activity, try sending click activity before select item activity on the drop down

Hi,

Thanks for the response, It got worked before the select item, i have used the click option. Also there is an option Emulator in F12 developer tool there we can change the IE version.

Thanks
Satheesh

Hi @asatheeshk21

you can do it by using F12 send hot key and then use click activity to select the version

Thanks
Ashwin S