How to append Column value from one excel to another Excel Column

Hi all,

I got a question, if i have a specific values from column A of Workbook 1 and then i want to use those values to be append to next empty cell in column B of Workbook 2.
As far as i know, append range seems to be a better option for this issue but the thing is append range properties only have sheet name and data table input name only. So this solution seems like not the best i think.

Could anyone help me on this? Appreciate your help.

1 Like

Hi,

May i know what additional option you are looking in append range activity?

Hi,
As for now my current option will be just append the values contained in column a and write it onto column c right after the cell that has values in it. Meaning it will write to an empty cell on last row that it found. So it will be in last row and in empty cell right after cell that is fill with certain values. Could you help me out @ArunVelaayudhanG

@hairil.hashimie

Can you share us with some Input & Output sample samples?

Thanks

Tracking.zip (12.3 KB)

Hi,
This is the sample file for your review. Hope that you could help me too.

@hairil.hashimie

Please check Attached

BlankProcess15.zip (28.2 KB)

Mark as solution if this helps you

Thanks

1 Like

That was awesome! Thank you so much @Srini84 for helping me out. Appreciate your help so much. But i got curiosity if lets say in book2 that you append the values. what if the column of that workbook are on index 3. How did we assign the write range then?

@hairil.hashimie

If you need the value to write in Index(3) in Book 2 then you make a change in Add row to row(2).tostring

OR

You can keep row(ColumnName).Tostring, so that if index changes it will search for Column Name and writes in Book 2

Mark as solution if this helps you

Thanks

@hairil.hashimie

Read the whole Range of first excel
Take for each row and get row item of which column value you want
and then use write cell activity of workbook to write on required cell in excel 2

Still facing the issue watch this video

If this solves your question then mark it as solution

Cheers!

Noted on that and thank you so much for your help. appreciate your help on this issue and hope you have a great day yeah @Srini84

1 Like

Thank you for your help and responses. But got curiosity. If i were to apply this method using write cell to write the values into new column. How do i know in which cell will i be writing. If the column on the book2 already have values in it maybe 100 rows of value how do i write it on the cell 101. And taking account if i dont actually know how many rows the column have already as it will kept updating from day to days. Do you mind to clarify this?

You can always do

Datatable.Rows.Count

This will give you the count of the row value

using that count you can add the value

OR

solution which i sent you will append the values, no need of write cell

Thanks

1 Like

@hairil.hashimie
Take another read range and for each for your excel2
Before writing values to particular cell use get row item there and get the value to a variable.
Now,
check the variable is EmptyorNot
if yes
write the value else
Don’t write the value.
and also use the counter to increment the index after every iteration.

Thank you
Cheers!

Hi @Srini84 i have tried your solution with some modification on the excel file. but it seems like it is not working if i changeBlankProcess.zip (29.1 KB) the position of column in DT2. Is there anything wrong with my code here.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.