Append Excel from a specific Column / Cell

Hi,

To the currently available “Append Range” activity; I want to give another parameter for Cell value, from where it starts to paste.

By default, the Append Range starts from the “A” column, but I want to start Append from, say, “AZ” column. We have the Write column activity, but its quite slow comparatively. Does anyone have faced such issue or debugged this problem?

For experiment, you can choose any data. I am looking for a xaml, which can have another parameter of “Column Name”.

Any assistance would be much appreciable.

1 Like

@Ayush_Purohit_IN

Could you please some more info on the column names are the same and Number of Column in the destination Excel?

Thanks
Suresh J

Hi @sureshj, It doesn’t really matter if the column names are same or duplicate… Or the number of columns.
For now, let’s say, I want to use append starting from “C” column…

you can add to the append range something like this “A” + the column that you want to start pasting from.

The “Append Range” has only 3 i/p - DT, SheetName and Path. It doesn’t provide the functionality of “column Number” or “column name”
If I use that, the bot starts appending the excel from “Col A”, by default, Is there a way I can change/ create a xaml which takes “Column Name” /“Column Number” as an input,
and the bot starts appending from from that col., not A.

@Ayush_Purohit_IN

We cant use Append range to append data to a specific column, “Write range” is the only way, if column name differs we may use Merge Datatable.

Thanks,
Suresh J

if i understand you correctly. you write some data then you want to append to the same file but to start writing in a different cell.
Thanks

yes.

@Ayush_Purohit_IN
If you already know the cell that you want to start writing from then you should be using the Write Range activity. Append Range is specifically for when you want to just tack on some data to the end of the existing data - a cell to start from would make it redundant.

1 Like