How to add account number values in specific cell in Excel using uipath

Hi Team,

I have one Excel with invoice number, so i want add account number in next column.
For example: 86114164443 (A4 cell) for this invoice number i neeed to add account number - 532000A next column means (B4 cell) .
I am using reframework template, for 1st transaction (Invoice Number) i need to extract the account number form different application and then need to respective account number in same row but account number column.

Please help me to give me the logic.

Thanks in advance
Input file:

Duplicate

Did you happen to try the given method?

Cheers

Hi @Anil_G ,

Yes, it’s working.
But I am using reframework template so if any exception occurred bot will write the account number 2 times.
If any exception is occurred or if not, Bot need to update the retired transaction account number.

Thanks

@Baby123

Are you using queue?

If yes then transaction number will change when retried…if you are not using queues then the transaction number also would not be incremented if it is being retried

Can you please confirm the same

If using queue then use lookup activity to get thw required account number cell number as output and then use that returned value in write cell

Hope this helps

Cheers

@Anil_G

Yes, i am using Queue.

I will try and update you.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Anil_G ,

I have placed the logic in end state.
All transactions are processed then bot will read the summary report and copy the account number and paste in Input Excel.

If any exception occurred the failed transactions are processed lastly right. At that the above logic not working.

So i need to check if invoice number in Input Excel for that invoice number in summary report get the account number for respective invoice number and paste in Input sheet.

Note: i don’t know if invoice number is there in specific cell so beased on the invoice number in summary report and get account number then paste the account number for invoice number in Input Excel.

Please help me .

Thanks

@Baby123

Please use lookup excel activity if its being done at end

https://docs.uipath.com/activities/other/latest/user-guide/excel-look-up-range

Cheers

Hi @Baby123

Read the Excel file by using the “Read Range Workbook” activity and store the data in the datatable datatype variable in the first run in Initialization block. Set the datatable variable scope to globally in the Program. Use the “Add Data Column” activity to add the new column name (Account Number) to the datatable. Use “For Each row in Datatable” Activity to iterate every row in the datatable. Get the First invoice number in the loop and enter in the webpage and extract the data (Account Number) .After extracting data you can add the account number to the datatable by using “Add Data Row” Activity. After storing all account numbers to the “Account Number” column in the datatable in Process Transaction block. Write the data in the datatable variable to the output excel file by using “Write range Workbook” activity in the End process block.

Hope it helps!!

Hi @Anil_G ,
It’s working now

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @mkankatala ,

Thank you.

I need to try this way also.

Hi , I have one doubt,
After extracting the account number if any system exception is occurred at that time failed transactions will retired right.
So, at that time bot will add the same retired account number in a datatable.

I don’t want to duplicate account number in Excel.
If exception is occurred or not , need to add account number in one time .

Please suggest for above query.