How do I use a downloaded excel file to copy/paste the data into another file?

Hi,

I’m new using StudioX I just finished building the steps to download the report I need but now I’m having issues to start using that file.

I need to get data from the downloaded file and paste it in another file that has some formulas but I dont get how to configure this.

Can someone help me?

Regards,
Jose

Hi @jose.carmona,

Using Read range workbook activity, youu can read the excel file and output the data in data table.
Write range workbook activity, you can paste the copied data in another excel file.

Hi @sangeethaneelavannan1 ,

I’ve tried but I don’t manage to open the downloaded file. I saved it as a variable but when I used the Excel activity it does not recognize it so I can manage to read range from that workbook.

Any suggestions?

Are you saving the excel file with .xlsx extension right?

I’m using the wait for download activity but it does not allow me to set the variable as “xlsx”

@jose.carmona Give double codes “PastDueDownload.xlsx” and try again.

@sangeethaneelavannan1 I’m getting the same error.

I suggest doing the free online training on the UiPath Academy web site. It teaches you how to do things like work with Excel. You don’t copy/paste. There are activities for reading/writing data from/to Excel.

@jose.carmona You must give the variable name there and pass the excel name in the default section of the variable, please try with that otherwise Please look into the below link
https://docs.uipath.com/activities/docs/get-last-downloaded-file

you need a Use Excel File card in order to use that xlsx file. then all your activities inside the card

1 Like