Copy cell value from Excel xlsx file

Hi all :slight_smile:

I am trying to copy a cell from a .xlsx format with system-> read range (becuase I want to copy a number, and with “read cell” I must copy with “GenericValue” and then I cannot convert the pasted cell in number format.), and paste it in another excel file format .xlsx. The problem comes that the process doesn’t give errors but the cell is not pasted, and it is blanked

Do you have any idea why is this happening?

Thanks!

Angel

1 Like

@Angel_Llull_Rivero Can you Describe the Steps what you’re performing or What you want to perform in Steps ?

I download a bankstatement → move the excel file from download folder to another one (Until here, everything works). After that, I need to copy cell F5 from bankstatement, and then copy the cell to another excel file that already exists.

Both excel files are in xlsx format. I use a sequence, inside the sequence I use “Read Range”, the path of the file downloaded from bank, and I put to copy: “F5:F5” as I am using “Range”. I create a DataTable variable.

After that, in the sequence I use “Write Range”, i put the path of the excel file in which i want to paste the information. I use “C19:C19”, as it is a range, and i put the variable i had created.

All this sequence works according to the robot, but the information is not pasted.

I hope this explanation helps.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

@Angel_Llull_Rivero Is it Possible to Show Screenshots of your Workflow, I have Tried the Exact same thing as well, and it worked very well.

@Angel_Llull_Rivero You can just Show us the ScreenShots of Reading the Excel and Writing the Datatable variable to Excel File using Write Range, No need to Show all Screenshots :sweat_smile:

Hello, yes I have created a small process to show you: It is in spanish, but basically, “Hoja1” is “Sheet1”, “Ámbito de aplicacion en Excel” is “Excel Scope”, “Hacer” is “Do”, “Leer celda” is “Read Cell”, and “Escribir celda” is “Write Cell”, and “Nombre” is the variable I have created for the process.

Many thanks!

Angel

1 Like

@Angel_Llull_Rivero I think you are using WorkBook Write Cell, Hence you’re not Able to see the Changes in the Excel.
Use Excel Write Cell.
Keep the AutoSave Property Checked and Read Only Property Unchecked of Excel Application Scope and then try to Execute the workflow.

Thank you for the Good Translation of Spanish words :smile:

Hi,

It appears an error where the robot reads the cell. The error message say that "The process cannot get access to the file because it is being used in another process. When I am not using it. It is closed.

Do you know why I get this error?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

excel process running in the background . Close excel services via taskmanager and try

Hi,

The error message is due to I was using the Excel Application Scope with “Read Cell” for System. Now I used inside the Excel Applicaciont Scope the “Read Cell” for excel, and no error appears, but the copied cell is not pasted.

Thanks!

1 Like

@Angel_Llull_Rivero Have you followed the Steps that I had Mentioned in the above post? :sweat_smile: