How to use downloaded excel file, copy paste to existing template

Hi,

I want to use downloaded excel files and then to copy paste to existing template (last month).
Hope you guys can show me in details.

Thanks.

Hi @Muhamad_Izwan_Bin_Hamran ,
I think you can read download file then write data table to template file
But your requirement not clear
Can you share input and Expected results to detail solution
Regards,
LNV

I want to use below downloaded excel files

copy data inside those excel files and paste it here- below

Hi
I understand what you mean, but I need to know the details of the template file, how to download the file
Can you share excel file to test
Regards,
LNV

This is the draft (tab) where I want to paste the downloaded excel file.

This is the downloaded excel files, basically the same thing. Nothing to change/delete/amend

Hi @Muhamad_Izwan_Bin_Hamran ,
Two file same format
You can read download file to get data table
Then write to template file or create template file before write to
Regards,
LNV

@Muhamad_Izwan_Bin_Hamran

1.Use the for each file in folder and place the excel files that to be read inside a folder so that you can loop through all the files in that particular folder and in this case I have given "*.xlsx so that the only excel files will be taken into consideration.
2.Read range is used to read the entire sheet in that particular file and write range is used to write the entire read data.
3.In the write range I have used CurrentFile.Name so that the sheet will be created with the file name.

I have attached xaml for your reference.
sample.xaml (182.8 KB)

Hope it helps!!

1 Like

You can use read range activity on the target file

And then use append range activity on the destination file…this way the data gets appended at the bottom of the previous data that is already present

Cheers

1 Like

is this the right function?
Can explain in details how to use it

Not the weite range…please seaech for append range activity

And in append range provide the destination workbook…sheet and the datatable would be the output of read range activity

Cheers

I want to replace the new info from downloaded file to template. I dont need append or continue to adding new info

Then just use write range activity…and give the template file location…sheetname and use the output of read range in write activtiy…give range as A2 or the first cell where data starts and not the header …make sure to uncheck add headers options in the properties oanel

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.