How do I unblock an excel file downloaded from an external server

Hello,

I and @Ademola_Isola have this issue. We have downloaded an excel from an external server . Upon reading the excel file the error message is that the excel is corrupt.
Now, the root cause of the problem is that the excel has been blocked on my system. We can manually unblock it my right clicking of the excel file and selecting properties then check the unblock check box.

the question is how do i achieve this with the studio?. I have seen things like PowerShell and streams but i don’t understand what to do.

Below is a screen shot of what i click manually in other to get the file opened.

Please help.

Thanks in advance

sample

1 Like

Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks!

Hi @mkhajduk ,

Un blocking the file which download from external site may invite malware. If you know that it will not create issue. Try the suggestion from below link and thread it might helpful. Thanks

Thank you for the info. I actually found a solution through Powershell. Use Command=“Unblock-File” and in Parameters send “Path” in equal to the file path. No need to set location first

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.