I have a java table which optionally contains one or more selected rows of some unknown text (by unknown, I mean I don’t know in advance any of the possible content).
How can I determine (without reading and parsing the entire table) if any rows are selected?
Additional Info:
I can use the Copy Selected Text, with ContinueOnError. This works, but this takes about 6 seconds before it times out (even though Timeout is set to 100 ms), when there is no selected text to copy. Can this timeout be reduced to under 1 second?
A selected row is one that has been clicked with the mouse left button, or shift clicked with the mouse left button, or otherwise selected with a ctrl-a. There are no check boxes.
As mentioned above, the Copy Selected Text activity does capture the selected rows (or nothing if no rows are selected), but this activity takes too long to run (6 seconds) for my needs.
For standard Swing tables, the selected cells will have the state selected in their javastate property. For non-standard tables, additional changes (in our code) might be needed.
Now that I know the javastate property exists, how can I check each row in the table without extracting the data (the extracted data does not appear to include the javastate attribute).
Initially, I thought “visible” indicated whether the value was shown on screen, but it turned out that “showing” was the determining if the selected row was displayed onscreen. I believe that this web page, about Class AccessibleState, documents the difference between “showing” and “visible” field values.