Help with copying a cell in Excel and searching for a PDF which matches cell contents

Hello all and thank you in advance for any help.

I have a data table which I have extracted form a website and attached it here. I have marked the column in question blue.
DSLOA - datatable.xlsx (12.7 KB)

Using a For Each activity I am trying to copy each iteration of the blue column and then use that data to search for a PDF with the same name. For example, the first iteration of the blue column is 5131453865. I want UIPath to search for the PDF with that same name. Here is an image of where the PDF’s are
2019-10-10_154538

What’s the easiest way to accomplish this task?

Fine
hope these steps would help you resolve this
–use a excel application scope and pass the file path as input
–inside the scope use a read range activity with range as “A2” and sheetname as “Sheet1” and in the property panel disable the ADD HEADERS property and get the output with a variable of type datatable named dt
–then use a FOR EACH ROW activity where pass the dt as input
–inside the loop use PATH EXISTS ACTIVITY with input like this
“yourfolderpath”+“\”+row(3).ToString+“.pdf”
so this will search for the pdf file in that mentioned folder for each row in the datatable and we would get a boolean variable as output and lets name it bool_fileExists
–now next to this activity use IF Condition like this
bool_fileExists = True
if true it will go to THEN part where we can use a MESSAGE BOX activity with statement like “File exists” or will go to ELSE part where another MESSAGE BOX activity with statetment as “File doesnt exists”

hope this would help you
Cheers @mworth123

@Palaniyappan - Thank you that. It looks helpful. I will work on it tomorrow. The next step is grabbing the found PDF and pasting it into a company website. Do you have a suggestion on that? Thanks again

Great
May I know how this is done manually
So that we can replicate the same in the UiPath with set of activities
Cheers @mworth123

@Palaniyappan - Thank you again for your help. I got all of that plugged in and it looks good but I have one error message I don’t understand. At the top of my For Each activity I have this

The variable screen is as follows:
2019-10-11_150354
I am using the same variable AWB and then using strAWB = row(3).ToString in another process and it’s working fine there but not here. Can you see what I’ve got wrong?

1 Like

strAWB variable is not yet declared here in this process or sequence
kindly declare that in variable panel and try once pls
you are almost done
kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @mworth123

@Palaniyappan Thank you, that helped!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.