Hello. I am new in this field of activity and I am taking a UiPath Course for RPA Developer

Hello. I am new in this field of activity and I am taking a UiPath Course for RPA Developer. I have to mention that this is my first encounter with this technology and I have run into a problem when taking the course. My UiPath Studios is a newer version then the one in the courses provided by UiPath and when I use a “for each” activity it’s properties do not match the ones in the tutorial. The problem is that I don’t really know how to write the loop in this new format and also to set a type for an argument.
This is the for each loop from the course.
Screenshot 2023-07-27 073900
Since I can’t put more than 1 screenshot, I will be putting the other ones in the comments.

@maria-iulia.zdrenghea

The versions might be changed but the for each is same for all the versions so in loop you can place the activities which you wanted to run. The only change is in previous version you should change the type argument but in new version it automatically takes the type argument.

Regards

1 Like

This is my for each loop and I think that is is the way it should be written
Screenshot 2023-07-27 074138

Hi @maria-iulia.zdrenghea

Welcome to Community!!

Based on Upgrades it will changes the activities.

1 Like

As for the properties bar, this is the one in the course:
Screenshot 2023-07-27 074319

As you have a collection type of variable.Pass the variable here as shown
It Automatically change the datatype of the collection.No need to change the augument type

1 Like

@maria-iulia.zdrenghea

In present versions the argument type will take automatically it is not visible in properties.

1 Like

@maria-iulia.zdrenghea
Yes.Correct

1 Like

And here is the one I have in my course.
Screenshot 2023-07-27 074420

I think that you can see my problem. I hope to get an answer asap.
Thank you all for your time.

@maria-iulia.zdrenghea

The versions might be changed but the for each is same for all the versions so in loop you can place the activities which you wanted to run. The only change is in previous version you should change the type argument but in new version it automatically takes the type argument.

Regards

1 Like

Yes you are correct.No need to change Augument Type.
To check Put messagebox and pass current item.

1 Like

UiPath constantly upgrade the packages. So for each loop in current UiPath.system.activities package doesn’t allow to pass the argument type because it has the capability to detect the type of items present in the list or collection that you have pass.

If you want, you can downgrade the package to 22.10.4 or lower version in manage packages to get that for each shown in the tutorial.

Hope it helps.

1 Like

@maria-iulia.zdrenghea

• In the previous versions you can edit the argument, you can set its data type by clicking on the “TypeArgument” field.
  • In the newer versions of UiPath Studio, it takes argument type automatically it doesn’t allow to change the argument type.

Regards,

1 Like

Yes, you’re right. Let us know if you face any difficulties

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.