For Each Activity (Community Version)

In regards to the For Each activity, in previous versions I could select the typeArgument.
I upgraded to the newest version a few days ago and it doesn’t allow the TypeArgument to be set anymore. Defaults to System.Object, want to change it to something else.
There is no place to change this either in Advanced Options.

Am I missing something?
Kind regards

Hi @Anon_RPA, welcome to the Community.

In the latest version, the TypeArgument property of the for each activity has been removed from the properties panel. So you cannot directly set the data type of the objects in the collection being iterated over.

However, studio now automatically infers the data type of the objects in the collection based on the collection you select. For example, if you use a for each activity to iterate over a collection of strings, it will automatically infer the data type to be String.

Hope this helps,
Best Regards.

Hi @Anon_RPA ,

what is the package version you are using?

with the latest package version i am able to see the type argument. please find the below screenshot.

Regards,
Kirankumar.

Yes It is true. Now For each has no property panel. For Each activity selecting argument type according to your list of items type.Thanks

Hi,

It seems a bug of UiPath.System.Activities package 23.2.0-preview in Windows project.
As a workaround, can you try to downgrade UiPath.System.Activities package to 22.10.4?
(Or use Windows-Legacy)

FYI, this seems similar issue to the following.

Regards,

2 Likes

Thank you. This is the answer I was looking for. Downgraded to 22.10.4.

Not being able to explicitly set TypeArgument didn’t seem right to me.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.