Is there anyone who could help me with the following issue?
I would like to download all attachments marked by given label from the gmail but I cannot use “Get IMAP Mail Messages” as the e-mail account is “Corporate Email” (and the corporate blocks IMAP enabling). My idea is to do it manually supposing I am logged in the mail before a robot executing the downloading process. I would like to set the robot up as follows:
- open the first email with the given label;
- extract date of receiving thereof;
- download the attachment;
- move to the second email;
- repeat it until you find email with given date.
Any idea how could I set up the robot for doing so?
Thank you in advance!
Hi @haraslub corporate mail means is it enabled with outlook…if yes we can go for get outlook mail activity
Or not we can go for get exchange mail activity
Then once after getting the mail from the above two activities…as a variable of type mailmessage collection named out_mailmessage, kindly follow the below steps that could help you buddy
- Use a for each loop to iterate through each value of mailmessage in the variable out_mailmessage…and change the type argument as mail message
- Use a if condition like
Where item is the variable that we get from for each loop…
- If yes it will go to THEN part of if condition where you can get the date with variable in assign activity like this
Out_date = item.ReceivedTime.ToString
4.then we can save the attachment using save attachment activity and pass the input as folder path where we want to save and item from for each loop as input for mails…
- Thats all buddy you are done… this method is applicable in either of the Outlook or exchange mail activities been used
Kindly try this and let know whether this works or not buddy
thank you for your comprehensive answer to my question. I really appreaciate it.
Unfortunately, the corporate does not allow using either Outlook or Exchange (I have spoken with IT department about that). So, I guess, the only option is to do it manually.
Any idea how to do it?
Thank you in advance
Fine you can then use open browser activity to open the mail and within that we can
– then use typical click and type into activity to write mail and send buddy
Can you please let me know how to click on a Link that is present in the mail body and read mails from the gmail account.
I tried using Get Text, Click, Double click, On click element and on keypress element but no luck.
P.S. - We aren’t given the permission to use IMAP or POP3.!
Welcome to uipath community
We need atleast either of this to read the gmail
Is that possible buddy
Yea I get what you say but that’s not possible