Getting "Value does not fall into expected range" when trying to click an HTML element

Hi everyone,
I’m trying to automate a web application (NetIQ IAM) using UIPath. Everything works fine until the point where I cannot make the robot click an items on the web page, it will always abort saying “Value does not fall into expected range”. This happens both when indicating the element via a selector as well as when using the “element” attribute

The HTML which is generated is stable, I have a unique element ID which I can use, and my selectors are confirmed by UIPath as ok. The one thing which puzzles me: When I open the browser by hand, execute the necessary steps to get to my page, do an “Attach browser” and then let the bot do the click, everything works fine. Unfortunately, I need the entire process to be covered by the bot.

I’ve done all the things which are recommended in the various forum entries, such as selecting on the HTML page (not the browser window), introducing a delay before the click in case the page may still be generated…

Error message is:
An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

I really don’t know what else to try. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Please check if the attach browser is indicated to the browser body and not the whole app.
See below thread for details:

1 Like

Hi, the selector just refers to the HTML page, not the window (“html title=…”) .

Check out this

I had already tried out the recommendation from the thread to introduce a delay. Didn’t solve the problem, unfortunately

As a last resort I have rebuilt my workflow. One thing that’s different now is that the selector is no longer based on the HTML title attribute of the current webpage but the URL of the browser. That somehow got things working.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.