I’m stuck with SHA1 Hash exercise because I can’t get the “Get text” to work consistently to get the hashed value from www.sha1-online.com. I try to use “Element appear” activity to see when hash is ready and then use “GET TEXT” to get the hash-value, but it does not work as I was assuming. I am using dynamic selector including aaname, but it still does not work. The process gets stuck in “get text” activity. I’ve noticed that if I push the “hash”-button myself during the robot process, the process (sometimes) gives me to the result e.g. proceeds forwards. I’ve seen a working solution which uses 8 second delay, but it sounds like a huge use of robot’s resources. I want to understand what is the root cause of the non-consistent behaviour of the “get text” activity. I need some reassurance that UIPATH is worth using. At a moment I do not see UIPATH as a reliable solution for real work, if I can’t get a consistent behaviour out of it. Sorry to say this.
to get the hash value you simply need to place this selector:
<html title='SHA1 online' /><webctrl id='result-sha1' tag='SPAN' />
When I automated it I didn’t find any delay problems, and since the activities in uipath has dynamic waits build into them there is no need to use on element appear in this case, because automatically the bot will wait for the element to appear and only then will scrape the text.
here is the xaml file :
SHA1Online_GetHashCode.xaml (10.6 KB)
Hi reda, this seems to be working which is just GREAT. You saved my day/s. What do you mean by dynamic waits? When can I rely on dynamic waits and when do I need to use “element appear”?
novice of the noobs
On Element appear is useful when you wait a special kind of aspect to show up in an element, for example you want the process to be visible of wait for it to be active or if you want to repeat a certain action while the element is present.
[Please mark the right answer as solution so other people can find it easily]
Hi, I was too hasty. I can’t get this to work two times in a row, when I change “Open browser” to “attach browser” ( I need to loop to hash all WI5s)
What I did in this case was closing the sha1 window and open it for the next item this way I don’t get to add another block of attach window this is not somthing that you tend to implement if you’re going to run a real process but it’s totally okay for an assignment.
Ok. I found out the problem was IExplorer v11.0. With Chrome I had no problems to get this work.
I am with the same problem, and I get the hashcode by firefox with adblock.
I think the problem is the google ad in the result page.
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.