Get Mail\Get IMAP

Hello,

I have a problem with a process that retrieves some files from email. I used the “Get Mail” activity, but an error occurs where the email cannot be accessed and the process crashes.

Do you have any solution for this, and is the “Get IMAP” activity a better option?

Hi @dvojinovic ,

Provided error seems to be with your Outlook App, we usually get operation timeout error on such cases

Could you please share the error message which you receive in the robot logs to assist better

The error it shows is

But whwn I log the machine, the situation is that Outloook could not start.

@dvojinovic : issue seems to be with outlook app.

If Outlook itself cannot start, UiPath Outlook activities will fail because they rely on a running Outlook profile.

Open Outlook in Safe mode

  1. Win + R → outlook.exe /safe

  2. If it opens → the issue is caused by a faulty add‑in.
    Disable add-ins:

Outlook → File → Options → Add‑ins → Manage COM Add‑ins → Disable all → Restart Outlook.

Note : Ensure the Outlook folder referenced by the BOT actually exists in the mailbox before running the workflow.

@dvojinovic

It’s best practice to use Office 365 Integration Service for these operations. If not possible and Outlook is the only option, I will suggest to use Repair Tool for Microsoft Office to repair your Outlook.

From Studio:

If Studio isn’t available on the machine, you can download it from the Orchestrator and use it.

Here is official direct download link - https://download.uipath.com/UiPath.MicrosoftOffice.Tools.zip