Get data from Excel and Enter in a website

Hello,

I’m having issues in picking up specific data in an excel Cell and enter it in a website form… Can you suggest the right workflow? and what specific activities - i’ve used read range or column but it doesnt pick-up the specific data.

1. I want to pick up data in A3 and T3 / A4 and T4 in excel and ignore the other data in other columns
  2. Enter in a web form the data from A3 to specific field of a web form to fill-up.

if you can enumerate specific flow that would be good. 1st time in uipath here.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hi @Abr
For taking the specific data from the sheet you can use Read Cell you just have to provide the the Cell and sheet Name.

@Abr

You can use read cell activity in excel application scope to pick specific cell value in excel sheet and provide cell index…

Thanks. Can you be specific please on how to flow works i want to get Cell A3 and T3 data whatever information in those cell then input it in a website form. Thanks

@Abr
Use Read Cell and provide the Cell as you want value from A4 then then provide the sheet name In it. then create a variable in Output property of Read Cell Using Ctrl+K and use this variable where you want to use.

Hi
Welcome to uipath community

We got THREE options to get the exact cell value

—either we can use READ CELL activity within excel application scope
—use a excel application scope and pass the file path as input
—inside the scope use a READ CELL activity where we can mention the cell range from we want and get the output with a variable of type string named str_output

Or
We can use GET ROW ITEM Activity where we can mention the details with these properties

• Row - The DataRow object from which a value is to be retrieved.
  • ColumnIndex - The index of the column whose value is to be retrieved from the DataRow.
  • ColumnName - The name of the column whose value is to be retrieved from the DataRow. If this property is set, then the ColumnIndex property is ignored.
  • Column - The DataColumn object whose value is to be retrieved from the DataRow. If this property is set, the ColumnName and ColumnIndex properties are ignored.

This would give us the value we need from exact cell of excel
But before using get row item activity we need to use excel application scope and read range activity to get the datatable of that excel

Or

We can simply use a assign activity
—use a excel application scope
—use a read range and get the datatable variable
—now use a assign activity and mention like this
Yourdatatablename.Rows(rowindex)(columnindex m).ToString
Or
Yourdatatablename.Rows(rowindex)(“yourcolumnname”).ToString

Usually row index and column index starts from 0 for first row and first column

Hope this would help you
Cheers @Abr

Thank you! for all the suggestions.

How about the function to pick-up the data in specific cell then enter it in a website form?

this applies for the same
kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarificatin
cheers @Abr

1 Like

when i use Read Range it’s working but it’s getting ALL data in specific column not just in 1 “specific” cell like Cell A3 and T3. I’ve used output data table here is “cdata”. It reads all data in column A.

when i use Read Cell i’m getting an error message": “For Each Row: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”. I’ve used in Result Output “cdata”

1. Excel application scope
  2. Do > Read Cell (Read cell is error but Read range is working but it captures all data instead of specific data in a specific CELL - A3 and T3)
  3. For Each Row. row = cdata
  4. Assign

help :slight_smile:

any suggestions? huhuh @Robot Masters

Hey @Abr

Can U share the screenshot of your workflow here?

Thanks

1 Like