About Excel activity

I have Excel File, It has a specific column called X, need to read those values and have to write into a website & it gives required o/p,need write that o/p into same xl file in different column called Y ,how can i ,plz guide me
Thanks

@Sharathkumar

Welcome to our UiPath community.

Please follow below steps.

1. Use Read Range activity to read the data from Excel file and it will give output as DataTable. Let’s say dtInput.

2. And then use For Each Row activity to iterate one by one row from DataTable.

For Each currentRow in dtInput
               - Use Type Into activity and pass currentRow("X-ColumnName").ToString
                - Get the result and say **output**
                currentRow("Y-ColumnName") = output

3. Finally use Write Range activity and pass dtInput to write back into the Excel file.

Thank you @lakshman for your answer. but want to know about, In excel file,need specific column data (Like having 100’s of data) to enter in website and take the respective o/p from the website(wt have has to be used Get text activity or data scrapping activity “value are in one line only”) write the o/p same excel file in different column(Even o/p will be 100’s)
If you give Some advice it is really helpful to me
Thanks in advance

@Sharathkumar

Can you please share screenshot of where you are entering input and how output looks like in the web application. So that I can check and help you.

Here It is, Request ID is only needed to write in excel file
like as i said before take value-> write in website → take o/p->write in same excel file in diff col
it has to be in loop
thanks in advance

@Sharathkumar

Use Get Text activity to read the value as you want to read single value at a time.

@Sharathkumar

All below mentioned steps should be in the loop.

- Use Type Into activity and pass currentRow("X-ColumnName").ToString
        - Get the result and say **output**
        currentRow("Y-ColumnName") = output

the method which you have said is working but ,In the 1st pic, in that it get text activity is reading entire data but i need only request id itself that only has to be write in the excel file, i’m no were finding out the exact ans to figure it out, if u have any idea about it, mostly welcome
Thanks

@Sharathkumar

Try to Indicate Request ID only. If you are not able to indicate ID then read the entire text and then use RegEx expression or String manipulation functions to fetch the required ID from it.

1 Like