Generate Data Table from Clipboard

Hi All,

Currently i have my UiPath to control my APP and copy the Grid into clipboard.
Normally there’s no issue if i just Crontol + V paste into Excel, everything will be in position.

But when using uipath, i have use “get from clipboard” and “generate Data Table”, but the data table that write to excel are incorrect, all column is not correct (Some of them merge).

here’s my print screen about my message String

Normal Copy Paste will be like this

UiPath Incorrect Copy.

And i trying to custom the column seperator, but still not wroking. Any advise? appreciate the help =)

Hi,

Can you share current settings of GenerateDataTable? I suppose chr(9) as separator will work.

Regards,

Hi

Instead of copying the grid and then pasting it you can use DATA SCRAPPING method to scrape that grid and have it as a datatable

Then you can write that datatable to a excel with simple WRITE RANGE activity

Have a view on this on how to use data scrapping with an example

Cheers @Likesh_Lim

1 Like

Hi Yoichi,

Thanks for the suggestion, but it’s not working for me

My Setting

the outcome

Hi Palaniyappan

I have tried before but no luck. =(

Hi,

If possible, can you share your data (result of GetFromClipboard) as a file using WriteTextFile activity?

Regards,

Hi Yoichi,

Here is the file
Clipboard.txt (29.7 KB)

Hi,

Wizard of GenerateDataTable activity doesn’t support TAB character (chr(9)) as input. So it works in actual workflow. Can you try the following sample, then check result xlsx?

Sample20220416-1.zip (4.5 KB)

Regards,

1 Like

Hi Yoichi

Thanks! it’s work =) , didn’t notice the wizard not supporting Char(9), really appreciated your help :pray:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.