Form Extractor - Document Undestanding Issue

Hi everybody,

I’ve been having an issue with the Form Extractor activity inside a Data Extraction Scope.
I’ve been trying several PDFs. Some of them work and others give me the following error.

Looking at several PDF’s properties i see that the ones i can open have a PDF Version of 1.3(Acrobat 4.x) and the ones that give me an error are 1.4(Acrobat 5.x).
Does the activity have an issue with this or was it just a coincidence?

Thanks you

Hi Jose,

Would you mind providing us one of the erroneous documents, so that we can try to reproduce the issue? Also, the logs would be very helpful, if you could send them to us.

Thank you,
Monica

Hello Monica,

Thanks for your response.

The issue is as follows:

When I am trying to install the UiPath.IntelligentOCR.Activities Package the window Manage Packages shows me the version 5.0.2 or incluiding the Prereleases the 6.0.1 – preview. When I try to update then I got the following error:

I looked them up in Myget.org and the last one is the one I have installed (4.17.0 – preview)

This is one of the issues but I don’t know if this causes the Form Extractor Activity to fail when I send the PDFs to process. I used the PDFs from a video tutorial in YouTube where they worked without issues. The error is as follows:

How can I install the new version or how can I make it work?

It will be of so much help If you can assist me!

Best regards

TestPDF.xaml (22.9 KB)

Invoice 873101.pdf (36.5 KB)

taxonomy.json (5.64 KB)

Hi Jose,

Hm, I think you may have some firewall or proxy issue (it may be pre-setup for you if you’re working on a laptop provided by the company?)
Checkout this guide: Redirecting Robots through a Proxy Server

Hope it helps,
Monica