Form Designer "Warning Message"

Hello All,

looking for a solution to have the BOT stop when the user clicks the “X” on the Form rather than selecting the required radio button to proceed .

Currently if I click on the “X” rather than submit I get the “Warning” pop up but continues on to the next invoked workflow.

Is there any way to kill the process if nothing is selected by the user?

Thanks

hey

you have that field mandatory, just swap it to optional and try again

regards!

@arturo.ayala

Approach 1: If you want to just kill the process then you can do that using kill process activity

Approach 2 : if you want the bot to stop the process then you can use Terminate workflow activity

Approach 3 : Also, you can use Throw activity so that it simply throws the exception then you can stop the process

Hello,

that is correct, at the moment I have the box checked as “Required” since It will be mandatory in order to have the next workflow execute however, if nothing is selected but if I click the “x” the process continues and ultimately errors out

so you can check is this option retrieve any value, if its empty then use the terminate workflow activity

regards!

I will need to look into these options and how to use them appropiately.

That’s what this is for:

Put a variable in there then check its value to see if they dismissed the form (clicked X) without completing it.

are you referencing the option on the Radio Component Validation?

if Yes- so I have it to if nothing is selected it will not move forward.

Thanks @postwick - I did actually have a variable for that. however, it only gives me TRUE if I click a radio button and click submit. But when I exit out it does not provide any action

It’s not supposed to provide any action. All it does is populate the boolean variable with true or false. What you do with each value is up to you.

Also, you have to check its value AFTER the Create Form activity, not within the Create Form’s Do sequence.

1 Like

Wow that is exactly it. I had it checking the value inside the DO sequence hence, why I was only getting the False result.

its working as Expected. Thanks for jumping on this @postwick

1 Like

There are a few places where activities do this. Terminal Session is another. The actual session variable isn’t populated until the TS activity completes. So if you’re ever getting unexpected results from activities within another activity, try putting them after it.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.